Open Source, Multidisciplinary, Telerehabilitation Software
Type of Digital Public Good
- Open content
- Open data
- ✅ Open software
- Open standard
- Open AI model
1. Is it relevant to one of the Sustainable Development Goals?
- 3. Good Health and Well-being
Evidence: OpenTeleRehab connects rehabilitation professionals with service users to improve access to rehabilitation services and contribute to universal health coverage by facilitating discharge, transition of care and follow-up
2. Does it use an appropriate open license?
Yes, this project is licensed under the following license(s):
3. Is ownership clearly defined?
Is the ownership of the project and everything that the project produces clearly defined and documented?
If yes - please link to the relevant copyright, trademarks, or ownership documentation for the project.
4. Does the license of libraries/dependencies undermine the openess of the project?
Does this open project have mandatory dependencies (i.e. libraries, hardware) that create more restrictions than the original license?
If yes - are the open source components able to demonstrate independence from the closed component(s) and/or are there functional, open alternatives?
If yes - please describe how the open source components are independent and/or list the open alternatives for the closed component:
5. Is there documentation?
Does some documentation exist of the source code, use cases, and/or functional requirements. For software projects, this should be present as technical documentation that would allow a technical person unfamiliar with the project to launch and run the software. For datasets and data projects, this should be present as documentation that describes all the fields in the set, and provides context on how the data was collected and how it should be interpreted. For content collections, this should indicate any relevant compatible apps, software, hardware required to access the content and any instructions about how to use it.
If yes - please link to the relevant documentation:
6. Is non PII data and/or content accessible?
Does this project collect or use non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) data and/or content?
If yes - is there a mechanism for extracting or importing non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) from the system in a non-proprietary format?
If yes - describe the mechanism for extracting or importing non-personally identifiable information from the system in a non-proprietary format:
Automatic download of non-PII is possible from the patient mobile app (patients can download PDF file containing the following User profile [Name, Surname, Gender, Date of birth, Mobile Number, language], treatment plan, chat history).
7. Does the project adhere to privacy and other applicable international and domestic laws?
Has this project taken steps to ensure adherence with relevant privacy, domestic, and international laws? For example, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union or the Supplementary Act A/SA.1/01/10 on Personal Data Protection for the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) (yes/no)
If yes, please list some of relevant laws that the project complies with:
8. Does the project adhere to standards and best practices?
Does this project support standards? (i.e. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or other standards such as those listed on W3C)
Which standards does this project support (please list)
- WCAG and WCAG2
Can you point to evidence of your support? (i.e. please link to your validator, open test suite, etc.)
- WCAG Compliance report - https://hidsi.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OpenTeleRehab/pages/8880361/WCAG+Compliance+Report
Was this project built and developed according to or in adherence with any design, technical and/or sector best practices or principles? i.e. the Principles for Digital Development?
Which principles and best practices does this project support (please list)
- Principles for Digital Development
- Apple best practices for inclusive design - https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/foundations/inclusion/ (Demonstration of adherence : availability of patient mobile app in Apple Store)
- Android accessibility overview
9. Does the project do no harm by design?
Has this project taken steps to anticipate, prevent and do no harm by design?
On the whole, does this project take steps to ensure that it anticipates, prevents and does no harm by design?
Is there any additional information you would like to share about the mechanisms, processes or policies that this project uses to avoid doing harm by design?
Library of clinical content managed at global level with do no harm approach / Alerts and notifications mechanism (pain, adherence)
9.a. Data Privacy & Security
Does this project collect or store personally identifiable information (PII) data and/or content?
If yes - please list the types of data and/or content collected and/or stored by the project:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Location (country/region/state)
- Mobile phone number
- Text, image and video messages
- Usage Data
If yes - does this project share this data and/or content with third parties?
Please describe the circumstances with which this project shares data and/or content with third parties. Please add links as relevant.
If yes - does the project ensure the privacy, security and integrity of this data and/or content collection and has it taken steps to prevent adverse impacts resulting from its collection, storage and distribution.
Data protection requirements : https://hidsi.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OpenTeleRehab/pages/8718296/Data+Protection+Requirements
9.b. Inappropriate & Illegal Content
Does this project collect, store or distribute content?
If yes - what kinds of content does this project, collect, store or distribute? (i.e. childrens books)
If yes - does this project have policies that describe what is considered innappropriate content? (i.e. child sexual abuse materials)
If yes - please link to the relevant policy/guidelines/documentation.
If yes - does this project have policies and processes for detecting and moderating innappropriate/illegal content?
If yes - please describe the policies and processes for detecting, reporting and removing innapropriate/illegal content (Please include the average response time for assessment and/or action. Link to any policies or descriptions of how inappropriate content is handled):
9.c. Protection from harassment
Does this project facilitate interactions with or between users or contributors?
If yes - does the project take steps to address the safety and security of underage users?
If yes - please describe the steps this project takes to address risk or prevent access by underage users:
- Access is governed by healthcare provider privileges. Only the patients registered by their healthcare provider can access the service.
If yes - does the project help users and contributors protect themselves against grief, abuse, and harassment?
If yes - please describe the steps taken to help users protect themselves.
- Healthcare providers must agree with the terms and conditions, mentionning "If you are a healthcare provider, you accept and agree that you are responsible for compliance with all applicable privacy legislation as the healthcare provider to the patient and no acts or omissions by the Application shall relieve you of your obligations. You are fully and exclusively responsible for ensuring compliance with these obligations; including taking regular back-ups of patient information in a form required by relevant legislation, rules and code of practice that apply to you as a healthcare provider." No: no abuse reporting mechanism available.
Development & deployment countries
List of countries this project was developed in.
List of countries this project is actively deployed in.